Soooo… I’m going to be late with today’s post again. It’ll be up either late tonight or on Friday. I have a half-written post waiting in my drafts, but my parents are visiting tomorrow and I’ve been rushing to do all of the spring cleaning that I have pushed off until now. But you’re probably sick of my excuses. To tide you over until the post goes live, here are some things running through my sleep-deprived, yet-uncaffeinated brain:
- Nintendo of America just hired a new VP of Sales named Doug Bowser. I’m not kidding. But despite the name, Mr. Bowser seems to be a nice enough guy. That is, until the internet noticed something strange in this picture. Well played, Bowser. Well played…
- While listening to a podcast recently, I heard a reference to Victor Borge (which delighted me to no end.) Do you remember Victor Borge? I was introduced to him via a PBS special, and have fond memories of watching and laughing along with my father. Phonetic Punctuation, Inflationary language, and all of his wonderful piano-based gags… So great! 🙂
- Barnes and Noble just published an article going over the origin story of James S.A. Corey, the pen name of authors Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham. I’m currently working my way through the Expanse book series (and eagerly awaiting the SyFy television adaptation), so this was definitely an interesting read.
- Waffles are delicious. Even just eating a freshly-toasted frozen one without toppings for breakfast. Nom nom nom.
- I’m severely behind on my television watching, so I only just saw the Person of Interest season finale. Not gonna lie, this season was kind of hit-or-miss for me. Especially since last season was a constant roller-coaster of awesome. But that being said, though there were some lackluster episodes, the good episodes were amazing episodes. Still one of my all-time favorite tv shows. Good news is POI has been picked up for season five; bad news is it’s only a 13-episode order and we don’t yet know if this upcoming season will be its last. Showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman have previously said that they have plans for well-beyond season five; but if it comes down to it, I think that narratively speaking they are at a good place to wrap things up.
So those are some of my rambling thoughts over coffee this morning. Time to get some actual work done! New post will be here before week’s end.
Happy Thursday, everyone!